The Old Southeast Neighborhood Association (OSNA) is a volunteer organization in St. Petersburg, FL which aims to connect neighbors, promote community pride, foster communication, and encourage cooperation between the city and its residents. It is registered with Florida government as a 501(c)(3) entity which status includes federal tax exemption and eligibility to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
The mission of OSNA, as embodied in the Association’s Bylaws, is to:
- Unite neighbors in an association dedicated to improving the area known as The Old Southeast;
- Promote community pride, communication and cooperation between neighbors and other neighborhood associations;
- Act as a representative voice for neighbors before local municipalities and their departments;
- Provide a forum for addressing issues that affect the neighborhood or are raised by members.
All adult residents and property owners of the Old Southeast are eligible for membership.
The Old Southeast Neighborhood Association is committed to being an inclusive organization that reflects the diversity of this community. All residents are welcome to join the Association and contribute toward its vision, strategies, organization, and events. OSNA is stronger and better able to fulfil its purposes when well informed of the community’s interests and concerns, and is more representative when it requests, receives, and respects input from all neighbors irrespective of identity.
If you are a resident or property owner of the Old Southeast Neighborhood, please join the Old Southeast Neighborhood Association.
Board of Directors
OSNA is managed by Board of Directors which shall consist of no fewer than seven persons and no more than 13 persons who must be Active members of the Association. The Board of Directors collectively constitute the internal policy-making body of the Association. Board of Directors’ members are elected annually to fill any open positions for the upcoming year at the Annual Membership Meeting in November.
The Officers of OSNA shall be a President, a Vice President, a Secretary, and a Treasurer. They are selected annually from within the members of the Board of Directors at a meeting of the newly composed Board of Directors following the Annual Membership Meeting. Officers serve for a period of one year.
Membership and Community Meetings
OSNA Membership Meetings
The purpose of the Membership Meeting is to inform the members of deliberations and actions by the Board of Directors and seek input from members on matters of interest. Meetings, open to active members, are determined at the discretion of the Board of Directors except for the Annual Membership Meeting (AMM) held in November of each year. Each Active member is entitled to one vote and a majority vote at a Membership Meeting where a quorum is present constitutes instruction, guidance, or action by the Board of Directors.
These meetings present an opportunity for members to directly question the Board and guide its work.
OSE Community Meetings
Held at least quarterly, with the date and time determined at the discretion of the Board of Directors, OSE Community meetings are open to active and associate members and residents of Old Southeast.
The purpose of the OSE Community Meeting is to inform the residents of Old Southeast of the activities of the Association, seek community input, and foster community spirit through social and neighborhood events open to members and Old Southeast residents.
Membership Benefits and Opportunities
- Participate in community social events organized by OSNA by attending or volunteering to help manage these fun and interesting experiences
- Have your voice heard on matters concerning the Old Southeast neighborhood
- Attend membership and community meetings organized by OSNA
- Vote on issues brought before OSNA membership meetings
- Become active in OSNA by joining the Board of Directors
- Take pride in being part of the organization that collaborates with the City Administration to improve the safety, environment, and livability of OSE